Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Time Blossoms

I love living in Oregon in the Spring. Every where you look you see blossoms. Every tree, bulb, bush, and many plants are blooming and the rainbow of colors is amazing! When the cherry orchard is in full bloom, it is a breathtaking sight to behold. The contrast of the white blossoms with the deep blue sky is beautiful. The orchard hums with the sound of hundreds of thousands of honey bees that are pollenating the 490 cherry trees. It is magical.


My friend, Michelle, has a flowering plum tree that is so beautiful and I got some lovely pics of her tree. We have a flowering cherry that is full of pink blossoms also that I plan to get pics of when it is in full bloom.
When I was driving into town the other day I saw a lot of daffodils by the side of the road in a ditch. I wanted to cut a few to take to my Mom. When I got out with to cut the flowers, I had to run back and get my camera because these were the most beautiful daffodils I have ever seen. They were multilayered and ruffled. They were stunning, and just in a ditch. Where did they come from and who originally planted them for all to enjoy.
I continue to marvel at how much God loves color and how creative He is by the variety and beauty of the flowers He created for us to enjoy! Enjoy just a bit of what I see everywhere.


No comments: