Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Beautiful Spring Day

New baby cherry trees - they look like little sticks in the ground.

Frostbitten Choisea Ternata - I hope it will survive after pruning.
Our happy old girl - she just loves a sunny warm day.


Today was a brisk, but sunny and beautiful spring day. The temps were in the mid 40's and there was a sharp north wind, but the sky was clear and there was a definite "spring" in the air.
I did several outdoor chores: filling the bird feeders, sweeping out the lower garage and driveway, and raking the last of the dead apples from under the apple tree. I did some much needed pruning of the decorative grasses out front. Sally kept me company the entire time.
I got some photos of our new little baby cherry trees that were just planted on Saturday. Also I got a shot of one of my Choisea Ternata - otherwise known as Mexican Orange. I don't think it liked the two feet of snow we had this winter. The top half of the bush is pretty well frostbitten. I hope with some severe pruning that it will survive and bloom again. And I had to add a lovely photo of my sweet girl who loves to keep me company. Hard to believe she will be 10 in July!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I didn't even notice that you had the front planted with new trees! Guess I expected to see some dirt work first.

I hope you take the "movie star" quiz and post the results on your blog; I'd love to know who you "are"!

Mother-in-law is here until Sunday....