Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Trip to Yuma

Tomorrow I am flying to Yuma, AZ for my annual trip to see my Dad and Mom. I used to go with our son, Joe, every year at Spring Break. Joe loved the attention from Grandma and Grandpa, not to mention all the home baked cookies (which he never got at home). He would sit outside all day and get a very dark tan to show off to all his friends who stayed in OR in the cold and rain for the week. Then Joe grew up and left home, but my annual trip to Yuma continued. It has been 10 years now that I have been going by myself. Mom and Dad are so thrilled for me to come and spend the time with them. I take Mom out for our annual lunch and shopping trip. She protests the "expensive" lunch that I pay for, but I know she really enjoys our time together. Dad likes to have the house to himself for several hours in peace and quiet. We will go to a movie together, out to lunch several times, and hopefully, I can make it to the Flea Market. That is so much fun for me. Mom and Dad sit and people watch and I zip around and pick up several things that I can't get here. (Yummy fresh dates). It will be a fast week, but a good time. I am looking forward to the 80' weather and sunshine, and Mom's home cooking. I will let you know how the trip was when I get back. I wonder.......will my kids come and see me when I am old and lonely?

No comments: