Friday, November 7, 2008

Our Little Lamb

Eating the yummy fall leaves, like a good little lamb.

Thank you, God for making such a lovely world.

Am I adorable, or what?

Elsa Jane, our Little Lamb

I grew up in a very strong Christian family and we made a big deal about the holidays. We usually dressed up for Halloween and went Trick or Treating. It was just a 'fun' time for us. My husband's family did not celebrate Halloween at all. No costumes, no Trick or Treating. Halloween was considered to be an evil day. I respected that, and since it is not a big deal to me either way, we did not celebrate Halloween at all when our children were young. Often our churches would have a Harvest Party on Nov. 1, and we would go to that. But Halloween was not even acknowledged. Our kids are pretty normal even tho they did not dress up for Halloween or participate in any of the 'festivities'.

Miranda sent me some pictures of our little Elsa Jane all dressed up for Halloween as a little black and white lamb. She was so adorable, that no matter what you believe about Halloween, you could not be offended by this Little Lamb. I just wanted to squeeze her when I saw her costume. Surprisingly, she did not even pull at the fleece on her tummy. How precious.

No comments: